Clean Without Compromise
We are a dermatologist-founded brand. As a practicing dermatologist, Dr. Gross is an unwavering advocate for his patients, consumers and humanity - bound by the Hippocratic oath to do no harm. His mission – and ours – is to improve your skin health, how it looks, but most importantly how it makes you feel.
At Dr. Dennis Gross, we promise clean skincare, without compromise.
So, what does clean mean to us? It means that we continually evaluate and evolve our formulas to meet the highest safety standards while always striving for the highest performance possible. While that benchmark is continuously evolving, so are we. Our #1 priority is to ensure efficacy without ever compromising safety.
As a former skin cancer researcher and practicing dermatologist, Dr. Gross has a unique understanding of healthy skin and holds a firm belief that skin should never be damaged in the quest to better it. Skincare is science – constantly advancing with new information and technology. We take a research-backed approach to evaluating ingredients and their potential to harm vs. their purpose within the formulation.
We don’t chase trends. We chase results. We’re thorough, we’re perfectionists and we develop skincare for all. This data-led approach takes time - but we’re committed to this change.
- We are completely cruelty-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, and vegan.
- To date, we’ve blacklisted 1650+ ingredients, some of which haven’t been banned by any market
- Not only do we meet market regulatory standards, we also abide by our retailer standards and beyond that, we proactively research comprehensive ingredient safety studies to ensure that we’re ahead of the standard
- When looking at safety data, we evaluate the data critically. Is it conclusive? If the ingredient is
deemed unsafe, is there a safer and equally as effective replacement?
- For example, chemical sunscreens have not been banned by any market or regulatory body, however from his own research and even prior to the release of the FDA study in 2020, Dr. Gross firmly believed that physical sunscreen filters were a safer and more efficacious alternative to chemical sunscreen filters. So as a brand, we pledged to blacklist chemical sunscreens in 2014.
What we put in is just as important as what we leave out. We formulate with only pharmaceutical-grade active ingredients to ensure quality skincare that delivers superior results, without irritation. In every product, Dr. Gross takes inspiration from nature and enhances it with scientifically proven delivery systems to create clean formulas that stimulate collagen production, build our skin’s natural defense systems, and strengthen our skin’s moisture barrier.
Looking to the future, we will continue to adhere to the oath we took to do no harm. Our promise is to deliver safe, science-backed skincare that works, no compromise.