NYC dermatologist shares skincare advice he gives his patients
- Why Are Serums Important?
- What Ingredients Should I Look For?
- What’s the Best Order to Apply Skincare?
Serums typically contain the most potent dose of ingredients to tackle your skincare concern, making them crucial to achieving the best results. The concentrated formulas make them truly great at delivering active ingredients to targeted zones.
The best ingredients depend on what skincare concerns you are trying to target.
Here are some examples:
- Acne: Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark Extract
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Retinol, Ferulic Acid, Peptides, Glycolic Acid
- Uneven Skin Tone: Vitamin C, Bearberry Extract, Mulberry Extract, Licorice Root Extract
One of the keys to maximizing the benefits of any product in your daily skincare regimen is to apply products with a thinner consistency before the thicker more creamy ones, no matter what the active ingredients are. Products with heavy consistencies can block lighter-weight ones from penetrating the skin and doing their job. Serums tend to have a lighter, fluid consistency and will be one of the first products you apply.