Free Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen - Deluxe
Dr. Dennis Gross' Tips:
- Apply skincare products in order of thickness with the lightest formulas being applied first
- Shop for serums based on your skin’s needs: uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, anti-aging, and acne—even dry, brittle hair
- Exfoliate before applying serums to ensure that the active ingredients are better absorbed
Dr. Dennis Gross Discusses Serums
Ask the Expert: Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum
Dr. Dennis Gross explains how his patients’ number one concern, their eye area, can be made to look brighter and more youthful.
Dr. Dennis Gross explains how ferulic acid makes retinol more effective in combating signs of aging, without irritation.
Learn how this trio of professional booster serums allows you to customize your skincare regimen daily, for additional hydration, oil-control, or radiance.
NYC dermatologist shares skincare advice he gives his patients
- Why Are Serums Important?
- What Ingredients Should I Look For?
- What’s the Best Order to Apply Skincare?
Serums typically contain the most potent dose of ingredients to tackle your skincare concern, making them crucial to achieving the best results. The concentrated formulas make them truly great at delivering active ingredients to targeted zones.
The best ingredients depend on what skincare concerns you are trying to target.
Here are some examples:
- Acne: Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark Extract
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Retinol, Ferulic Acid, Peptides, Glycolic Acid
- Uneven Skin Tone: Vitamin C, Bearberry Extract, Mulberry Extract, Licorice Root Extract
One of the keys to maximizing the benefits of any product in your daily skincare regimen is to apply products with a thinner consistency before the thicker more creamy ones, no matter what the active ingredients are. Products with heavy consistencies can block lighter-weight ones from penetrating the skin and doing their job. Serums tend to have a lighter, fluid consistency and will be one of the first products you apply.
The Dr. Dennis Gross Difference
NYC dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross formulates all products based on his patients’ skincare needs.
Our products are never tested on animals – and most are vegan.
Potent and Proven Ingredients
You’ll see visible results with advanced ingredient combinations and medical grade formulas – without irritation.