Free Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen - Deluxe
Dr. Dennis Gross' Tips:
- Select products specifically formulated for this area—eye skin is the thinnest of anywhere on the body
- Get enough sleep—and avoid too much alcohol or smoking, which can lead to dark under-eye circles
- Look for potent antioxidants like ferulic acid help protect the eye area and repair photo-aging
Dr. Dennis Gross Discusses Eye Area
Ask the Expert: Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum
Dr. Dennis Gross explains how his patients’ number one concern, their eye area, can be made to look brighter and more youthful.
NYC dermatologist shares skincare advice he gives his patients
- What Causes Eye Area Damage?
- Do I Really Need Eye Area Treatment?
- Should I Look For One Stronger Ingredient?
The skin surrounding the eye is some of the thinnest and most delicate on your face. For that reason, it’s susceptible to damage from UV rays and repeated expressions.
Since skin around the eye area might be more easily irritated than the rest of your face, it’s essential to select products designed for the eyes. Applying products designed for other parts of the face could cause sensitivity issues.
Now that so many effective ingredients can be combined in one treatment, I’m an advocate of packing as many active ingredients as possible in one bottle. Concerns in the eye area can include sagging, crepey lids and dark circles, so formulations need to work on many levels. Look for eye treatments that contain several antioxidants, firming agents as well as skin-strengthening ingredients that can prevent future damage.
The Dr. Dennis Gross Difference
NYC dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross formulates all products based on his patients’ skincare needs.
Our products are never tested on animals – and most are vegan.
Potent and Proven Ingredients
You’ll see visible results with advanced ingredient combinations and medical grade formulas – without irritation.