Free Alpha Beta® Ultra Gentle Daily Peel Treatment and Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion Sample
Dr. Dennis Gross' Tips:
- Wear wide sunglasses to shield the delicate eye area from the sun’s damaging UVA and UVB rays
- If your skin is pink or freckles are appearing, you’ve haven’t used enough sunscreen or you haven’t reapplied it often enough
- Apply a shot glass amount of sunscreen (about one ounce) to cover your face and body
NYC dermatologist shares skincare advice he gives his patients
- What Are the Most Important Places to Cover?
- How Can I Tell If I’m Burning?
- Where Do Freckles Come From?
People often miss applying sunscreen in hairline, on the backs of hands, and lips. Ears and scalp are also often left vulnerable, but wearing a large-brimmed hat can help offer protection. Keep your eyes safe from UV rays with large sunglasses, which will also help prevent crow’s feet.
Seek shade the minute you see any pinkness or signs of burning. You need to reduce the inflammation and thermal injury caused by sun damage. If you do burn, take ibuprofen or another over-the-counter anti-inflammatory. Applying aloe can also help cool the skin tissue and reduce damage.
If you have brown spots, you have sun damage. Freckles are directly related to sun exposure—even when seen in children. If you see age spots of any size, this means you’re not wearing adequate sun protection. Reapply more often or find a higher SPF that you’ll wear every day – or both.
The Dr. Dennis Gross Difference
NYC dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross formulates all products based on his patients’ skincare needs.
Our products are never tested on animals – and most are vegan.
Potent and Proven Ingredients
You’ll see visible results with advanced ingredient combinations and medical grade formulas – without irritation.